Miranda Barbour letter envelope set

Miranda Barbour letter envelope set


Troy LaFerrara was a Port Trevorton, Pennsylvania man murdered on November 11, 2013. Miranda Barbour and her husband, Elytte Barbour, were found guilty and sentenced to life in prison in September 2014.

The couple met Troy LaFerrara through an ad on Craigslist, where Miranda offered to have sex with him in exchange for payment. Elyette has publicly denied that Miranda is a sex worker. He said that she met men that paid her for "delightful conversation." Miranda has stated that she agreed to meet LaFerrara for sex, charging $100.

On November 11, 2013, Miranda allegedly met LaFerrara at the Susquehanna Valley Mall parking lot in Hummels Wharf, Pennsylvania. After settling on payment, Miranda and LaFerrara then drove six miles to Sunbury, a small city located about 100 miles northwest of Philadelphia.[6] Elyette Barbour told police that he hid under a blanket in the backseat waiting.  After she allowed Laferrara into her vehicle, Miranda signaled to Elyette, who jumped out and wrapped a cord around Laferrara's neck as Miranda stabbed him 20 times in their Honda CRV. LaFerrara's body was discovered the next day, November 12, 2013, in a residential backyard in Sunbury.

Police said after Miranda and Elyette dumped Laferrara's body, the couple then bought bleach wipes, towels, and cleaning liquid to remove the blood from inside the vehicle and then went to dinner. According to the arrest affidavit, Elyette Barbour said the couple killed Laferrara because they just wanted to murder someone together.

According to police, the Barbours initially denied even knowing LaFerrara, but police traced the last call from LaFerrara's phone to Miranda’s phone. As the investigation developed, the couple's stories allegedly changed from Miranda’s story of self-defense to a mutual confession to premeditated murder.[10] The killing allegedly was a thrill killing, timed for the couple's three-week wedding anniversary, police have said.

Miranda Barbour, 19, and Elytte Barbour, 22, had previously pleaded not guilty to first-degree murder charges that carried a possible death penalty upon conviction. They changed their pleas to guilty of second-degree murder at what was to have been a routine status conference in Northumberland County Court in Sunbury.

The letter and envelope are both handwritten. The letter is signed, Miranda.

sold out
Add To Cart