Shawna Forde signed letter envelope set

Shawna Forde signed letter envelope set


On May 30, 2009, Raul "Junior" Flores, 29, and his daughter, Brisenia, 9, of Arivaca, Arizona, were murdered during a home-invasion by Shawna Forde and accomplices.

Pima County Sheriff Clarence Dupnik said the attackers hoped to rob the Flores-Gonzalez family. Forde and her accomplices believed that it was their duty to kill the family as they were trying to protect the U.S.-Mexican border from illegal immigrants; Raul and Brisenia Flores, who died, as well as Gina Gonzalez, who survived, were all natural-born U.S. citizens.


Gina Marie Gonzalez, 31, Junior's wife, was in the home during the attack. Gonzalez called 911 emergency services when the assailants left the home for a few moments. While Gonzalez was on the phone, the assailants reentered the home and Gonzalez fired a handgun of her husband's, wounding one of the assailants. Gonzalez identified two men, one "white," the other "Mexican," and a white woman as her attackers. Gonzales said it was the white man who had murdered her daughter and husband.

An early exchange within the 911 call is as follows:

Gonzalez: "They shot me and I pretended like I was dead. My daughter was crying. They shot her, too.

Operator: "Are they still there, the people who, that shot them?"

Gonzalez: "They're coming back in! They're coming back in!" (Gunfire.)

Another Flores daughter, 12, had been at her grandmother's home in Sahuarita, Arizona, during the attack.


Shawna Forde

Shawna Forde (born December 6, 1967 (age 44)), was convicted of this crime and sentenced to death. She was a member of the anti-illegal immigration group, Minutemen Civil Defense Corps. She later founded, and was Executive Director for, a splinter group, the Minutemen American Defense (M.A.D.), to pursue her political goals. Pima County Sheriff Clarence Dupnik alleged that Forde planned and ordered the murder of Junior Flores.

Shawna Forde and her supporters maintain her innocence, claiming racial profiling and improper investigatory work.

Forde alleged that she had been the promoter of a grunge rock band; worked as a youth counselor, aircraft factory worker, and as a cosmetologist and esthetician. Forde ran unsuccessfully for a seat on the Everett, Washington City Council in 2007.

Forde had several run-ins with law enforcement prior to her arrest for the double murder. Court records show that she served time in juvenile lock-ups for repeated convictions involving theft, burglary and prostitution. Forde has married four times. In 1989, her boyfriend sought court protection from her, claiming that she had physically attacked him and threatened to hurt herself with a knife. In 2007, she was charged with theft, which Forde described as a misunderstanding. While running for the Everett City Council, her son was convicted of assaulting her employer. In January 2008, Forde accused members of a drug cartel of sexually assaulting and shooting her; however, she later suggested the alleged culprits were actually criminal associates of her son. Forde's brother alleged that she fabricated the story, and authorities closed the case due to insufficient evidence.

Since 2007, she had been involved in vigilante activities and later joined the Minutemen Civil Defense Corps. However, she was asked to leave the organization in February 2007 after members described her as being "unstable." Forde later founded a splinter group, the Minutemen American Defense (M.A.D.) organization, which had 14 members at the time of the raid on the Flores family residency.

On February 14, 2011, Shawna Forde was found guilty of all eight counts for which she was being prosecuted: two counts of first degree murder for Raul and Brisenia, one count of attempted first degree murder for Brisenia's mother, Gina Gonzalez, two counts of aggravated assault and one count each of burglary, armed robbery, and aggravated robbery. On February 22, 2011, she was sentenced to death by a Tucson jury, becoming the 3rd woman on Arizona's death row.

Gunny Bush

Jason Eugene "Gunny" Bush (born LaGrande, Oregon August 11, 1974 (age 38)), of Meadview, Arizona, is M.A.D.'s National Director of Operations. Bush was shot in the leg during the same time frame as the attack.

Bush is Forde's second in command. He has ties to the Aryan Nation and was also charged in June 2009 with the 1997 murder of Hector Lopez Partida in Wenatchee, Washington. He is also charged with the Sept. 1997 execution styled killing of his Aryan Nation associate, Jonathan Bumstead, also of Wenatchee, WA for supposedly committing the "crime" of "being a 'race-traitor'". Later in 1997, Bush was imprisoned for the theft of a car and for his possession of a firearm (unlawful because Bush was already a felon, from a previous conviction). After he was released in 2003, Bush moved to Sandpoint, Idaho, where he lived until 2007. Bush is also suspected in at least 2 additional killings during the latter part of 1997. According to information that was provided to Washington state detectives, Bush is alleged to have, on two separate instances, shown up at acquaintances residences covered in blood, and asking to be allowed to clean up there, as he had "just finished taking care of some business." Detectives are currently attempting to find any links to unresolved cases.

In April 2011, Bush was sentenced to the death penalty for the murders of Junior and Brisenia Flores, and in May 2011, received another 78 years for other crimes.

The letter and envelope are both handwritten. the letter is unsigned.

sold out
Add To Cart