Clifford Olson signed photograph

Clifford Olson signed photograph


Clifford Robert Olson, Jr. (January 1, 1940 – September 30, 2011) was a convicted Canadian serial killer who confessed to murdering 11 children and young adults between the ages of nine and 18 years in the early 1980s. Olson scored 38/40 on the Psychopathy Checklist.


Christine Weller, 12, from Surrey, British Columbia, was abducted on November 17, 1980.[3] Her body was found more then a month later on Christmas Day; she had been strangled with a belt and stabbed repeatedly. On April 16, 1981, Colleen Marian Daignault, 13, vanished. Five months later her body was found. On April 22, 1981, Daryn Todd Johnsrude, 16, was abducted and killed; his body was found less than two weeks later. On May 19, 1981, 16-year-old Sandra Wolfsteiner was murdered, and 13-year-old Ada Anita Court was murdered in June 1981.

Six victims followed in quick succession in July 1981. Simon Partington, nine, was abducted, raped and strangled on the second day of the month. Judy Kozma, a 14-year-old from New Westminster, was raped and strangled a week later. Her body was discovered on July 25 near Weaver Lake.[4] The next victims were Raymond King II, 15, abducted on July 23, raped and bludgeoned to death; Sigrun Arnd, an 18-year-old German tourist, raped and bludgeoned two days later; Terri Lyn Carson, 15, raped and strangled on July 27; and Louise Chartrand, age 17, the last victim identified, who died on July 30.


Olson, who had an extensive criminal history, was arrested on August 12, 1981, on suspicion of attempts to abduct two girls. By August 25, Olson had been charged with the murder of Judy Kozma. He reached a controversial deal with authorities, agreeing to confess to the 11 murders and show the RCMP the location of the bodies of those not yet recovered. In return, authorities agreed that $10,000 for each victim was paid into a trust for his wife, Joan, and then-infant son, Clifford III. His wife received $100,000 after Olson cooperated with the RCMP, the 11th body being a 'freebie. In January 1982, Olson pleaded guilty to 11 counts of murder and was given as many concurrent life sentences to be served in Canada's super-maximum security Special Handling Unit inSainte-Anne-des-Plaines, Quebec, which houses many of the country's most dangerous criminals. Olson was a dangerous offender, meaning it was very unlikely he would ever have been released from prison.


In September 2011, media reports indicated that Olson had terminal cancer and had been transferred to a hospital in Laval, Quebec. He died on September 30, 2011, at the age of 71.

The photo is signed in full on the back. The signature itself is on a piece of tape, taped to the photo.

Add To Cart